3 Key Interpersonal Skills You Need To Deal With Stress At Work Today
Sometimes its helpful to take a break from a busy day with an inspirational quote or two. One of the biggest challenges it seems most of us are facing these days is the mounting levels of stress we must learn to manage each day. The following quotes add some pause for reflection when dealing with the stress that's so prevalent in today's world:
- "If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." - Marcus Aurelius
- "In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive." - Lee Iacocca
- "If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn't ask me, I'd still have to tell you." - George Burns
- "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do not control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized." - Wayne Dyer
- "For fast-acting relief, try slowing down." - Lily Tomlin
- "Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one." - Hans Selye
- "Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life." - Marilu Henner
The less worry and stress you experience in your life, the happier and more productive you will feel. Take the steps now to reduce stress. The results will be well worth it.
How to Reduce Stress
Research shows that people who develop and use relationship coping resources manage their stress far more effectively than people who rely only on personal coping resources. Preview our Coping and Stress Profile, this profile will will provide you with a great deal of insight regarding current personal and work stress levels, coping skills and impact on your overall satisfaction.
For More Information
Download our FREE whitepaper "Startling Statistics About How We Use Our Time". This will help you get in touch with your top priorities as you invest your time instead of just spending it. Your time is your life!
What are some of your favorite quotes about stress management? Please share them with us below.