Understanding more about your own behavioral style tendencies and those of other people can greatly enhance your interpersonal skills. One effective way to learn more about yourself is by measuring your behavioral style strengths with a DISC profile. It is called "the DISC" because of the first letter of each of the 4 styles as follows:
- Dominance (D): This behavioral style is recognized as being direct, decisive and strong-willed. Their key focus is to get results.
- Influence (I): This style is recognized as being optimistic and outgoing. They like sharing ideas, using humor and participating in teams.
- Steadiness (S): This style is known for being cooperative and patient. They are excellent listeners, very dependable and thrive on being able to help or support others.
- Conscientious (C): This behavioral style is focused on accuracy and quality. They like employing systematic approaches and will pay close attention to details.
About the DiSC® Classic Profile
With over 30 years of proven reliability and over 40 million users, DiSC® Classic remains the most trusted learning instrument in the industry. It is used worldwide to help improve communication, ease frustration and conflict, and develop effective managers and teams.
How It Can Be Used
The DISC profile can be used in a variety of settings. When you learn how to adapt your style to other people, it can greatly enhance your interpersonal skills in a variety of situations, as follows:
- Helping team members understand and communicate with each other more effectively.
- Helping managers adapt their management approach for improved interactions with their staff.
- Helping salespeople create and maintain relationship-based sales opportunities.
- Helping customer service professionals manage difficult situations
How to Learn to Improve your Skills with DiSC
It is important to not just understand your own style, but be able to recognize the styles of other people in order to best adapt your approach. When this is done effectively, communication is enhanced and relationships improve.
To learn more about your own behavioral style and that of your coworkers, managers or friends this online self-paced course and DiSC Classic Profile® can help you recognize different behavior patterns and develop adaptive skills that increase your ability to communicate successfully with others.
For More Information
Download our FREE whitepaper on "The Winning Edge: Hidden DISCoveries That Set You Apart". This will provide you with additional information to understand your behavioral style and that of others to communicate better.
In what other situations do you think the DISC Profile could be used? Please share your thoughts with us below: